Improve your German and discover Vienna – the perfect choice before the Polyglot Gathering 2019
Eager to improve your German? We are happy to welcome you in our wonderful city of Vienna in late Spring – the perfect time for a visit. If you take the short course in German, specifically designed for polyglots, at our language school, you can expect a lot more than conventional classroom teaching. We have put together the awesome and intensive short course “Learn German while discovering Vienna!” for you. Most lessons take place outside the school, and you will learn intensively through a variety of activities in Vienna.
We offer a shorter (Monday – Wednesday, 27 – 29 May 2019) and longer (Sunday – Wednesday, 26 – 29 May 2019) version of the course.
The course times are indicated in teaching units (TU) of 45 minutes.
Course information at a glance
|Course type||Course days||Teaching units of 45 minutes||Price|
|3-day option (Monday – Wednesday)||27 – 29 May 2019||15||110 € if paid by 23 May 2019|
135 € if paid in cash on the spot
|4-day option (Sunday- Wednesday)||26 – 29 May 2019||20||150 € if paid by 23 May 2019|
175 € if paid in cash on the spot
Requirements: Minimum A1 level in German. Levels will be split up based on the activity and number of students.
First 20 firm registrations (with payment) receive a free Deutschothek goody-bag!
Further workshops and small group/private lessons can be booked additionally on the spot.
Important: The course is definitely going to take place as there are already sufficient registrations for the programme!
- 15:30 – 17:00 (2 TU): Interactive Vienna city tour in German – Discover Vienna, learn new words and use them in the quiz!
- Dinner break (free time)
- 18:30 – 20:45 (3 TU): Grammar boot camp at Deutschothek – Challenge your brain and learn the “whole” of German grammar (the most important elements of grammar at A1 – B2 levels) in a highly intensive session. We guarantee you will be mentally exhausted by the end!
- 10:00 – 12:15 (3 TU): Conversation class at hot spots in the city with authentic learning material – Improve your speaking skills.
- Lunch and afternoon break to discover the city. Cheap food options are available at most university refectories (free time)
- 18:30 – 20:45 (3 TU): Language learning games at Deutschothek – Learn the language by playing fun games, some of which were specially developed by Deutschothek
- 10:00 – 12:15 (3 TU): Option 1: Improvisation theatre beside the marvellous Danube river (or alternative location if the weather is bad)
- 10:00 – 12:15 (3 TU): Option 2: Creative writing workshop in German
- Lunch break. At the end of May, in fine weather, it will be warm enough to swim in “Neue Donau” or “Alte Donau” (free time)
- 14:00 – 16:15 (3 TU): The “real life” language challenge – Head into town and leave the comfort zone of using your German only in class, with your online teacher, tandem partner or other polyglots! In this session you will have to complete tasks in the city of Vienna in “real life” situations. Not the right case ending but it’s the content that counts!
- 10:00 – 12:15 (3 TU): Conversation class, with a focus on Austrian vocabulary and dialects, at various hot spots in the city with authentic learning material – Improve your speaking skills
- Please click on the link “Register now”
- Fill in the details and select “Other” under course information
- Specify at “What else I want to say” which option (3-day or 4-day) you prefer
Looking forward to welcoming you soon